School is now in session....2014-2015


I am incredibly blessed. 
I am a stay at home mom. 
I have four amazing children. 
And I get to be with them...every...single...day! 
I am not being facetious...I love homeschooling my children. 
I love the interactions we have...the thought provoking conversations...the intense questions...the silly moments...the lightbulb reactions. I love watching them play with each other...help each other...serve each other...and grow together. I love that they have a very real understanding of day-to-day living in our household...they are aware of the responsibilities...the hardships...all that goes into making our home run smoothly.
I do not want to paint a picture of idyllic perfection,,,because, of course we have hard days, grumpy attitudes and  frustrating mornings. 
But all in all...homeschooling my kids is a blessing from the Lord!!!


Each year, I try to do something special for the first day of school. But since we had the beach trip and then some craziness happen after that...I was scrambling to find something that would "sweeten" the start. And of course...what's better than homemade cinnamon rolls??? The kids agreed...best brainy breakfast for them! We also went to the Homeschool Room to pick out NEW BOOKS!!! That is usually everyone's favorite treat in starting school.


The first week of science involved a very fun...and a very YUMMY experiment.
The kids set up their own "habitats" for their animals. They saw how God created animals so similar to their habitat to protect them from their prey. 
This set the precedent...they now expect sugar to be a part of every experiment! 


The first week back to school was also a great time to get back into our routine of walking the greenway. About a mile from our house, we have an incredible walking trail. Fresh air and activity help keep those little minds sharp...so most afternoons will find us pounding the pavement!
A great start to another great year. 
I am excited to see how God will move in the lives of my children and through my own heart as we once again embark on this homeschooling journey!!!

0 comments