Debt Crisis...

If you know my husband...or have just met him and spoken to him for longer than five minutes...chances are you know how he feels about politics! It is impossible to have a conversation with him...without several hot topics coming into play. Obviously, top on the list at the moment is the debt crisis.
If you know me...you know that I am not an expert on politics. I would probably fail all those random tests that Fox News reporters take to the streets and ask random citizens. If Jason really knew how LITTLE I know...well...enough said!

But...with all this talk about debt and the crisis surrounding our nation...it made me stop and look around at all the blessings heaped up and piled around us!


I am so blessed to live in a nation that (at the moment) allows me the freedom to read the precious words of God! And to gather together with fellow believers and enter into corporate worship!

I am overwhelmed with the blessing of marriage. How good and pleasant it is for us to dwell together in unity. Psalm 133:1
I am so thankful that my husband is a man that seeks hard after God and makes it his aim to please Him. That he leads our family in all diligence and is the spiritual and physical provider of our home! That he seeks to honor God in the decisions and direction of our family!
I am so grateful that he takes time, after a long and weary day, to spend time with each of our kids and make them feel loved, accepted and treasured! And before tucking them in each night...shares with them from the Word of God.


I am so blessed to have four beautiful, amazing children. As I watch their personalities develop and their characters blossom...I am so grateful that Jason and I are not alone in our parenting. I am so thankful that the Lord has a plan for each of their lives and will not be thwarted in accomplishing it!

I am thankful that they are (for the most part) content to play with each other, help each other, listen to each other...and love each other!
I am so richly blessed by the extended family God has given to us. Our parents...on both sides...are amazing examples of God's grace and love. There is not a day that goes by that our thoughts do not veer off towards them. Missing them, loving them, praying for them...blessed by them. Our lives would not be what they are today with the four of them!!!


I am so blessed by the friendships God has given to us here in Charlotte. Without our family close by, there is a greater need for sweet fellowship and kinship! I am blessed by those around me that encourage me and exhort me in the Word. By those that walk alongside of me in the adventure of parenting. And those that have graciously been a part of my childrens lives! God has been so good to us!!!

While I agree that the debt in America is overwhelming and there needs to be a resolution for it...I am also overwhelmed by the goodness of God and His many blessings in our lives!!!


I adore You
I will come
With shouts of joy into Your presence Faithful God my heart is overwhelmed by You...
Hillsong United

5 comments