one tug. one call. one life.



As a prisoner of the Lord, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.
Ephesians 4:1


Tucked into the heart of the Smoky Mountains, over 8,000 students gathered together to be challeneged, encouraged, exhorted, and inspired. TUG...was our winter retreat up in Pigeon Forge, TN. this past weekend. We took sixty of our high school students early Saturday morning and had a BLAST of a weekend.

TUG. Although we all face different "tugs" on our lives the only one that truly matters is the one from heaven to earth. A calling to live set apart...different from those around us. A life that is worthy of the Gospel!
The theme verse, Ephesians 4:1, played out all through the weekend and has now carried over into the students first days back into reality.

The students were challenged to identify what God's call is on their life...specifically. It was a thought provoking weekend that stirred up many tears and convictions...and also commitments. The worship leader, Kristian Stanfill, probably made the biggest impact on our students. His style of leading worship engaged even the most stoic of kids. And the lyrics are now the facebook status of at least half of the students from our trip!


This is my FOURTH trip with the youth group being PREGNANT!!! I guess it has its benefits...I play the sympathy card for almost everything...and the students used me as an excuse to get whatever they wanted! :-) But I must say, I am looking forward to not having every single youth in the world touch my stomach! :-)



I love retreats, camps, etc...anything that allows Jason and I time to spend one-on-one with the students. This trip was such a relationship builder in so many different ways. We watched some of our leaders truly lead while our reserved, shy students branched out and made true friendships.
It was also a time for us to spend with our amazing, die-hard, crazy leaders! We took seven other leaders and each of them had to take a day off of work in order to join us on our trip. Not to mention, the sleepless nights...fast-food meals...and LOUD music! :-) They truly were troopers and we could not have done it without them!
My own sweet children lacked for nothing this weekend! Our wonderful friend, Kelly - along with her sister Allison, kept the children safe and sound all weekend! They had an amazing time doing crafts, scavenger hunts, taco parties, going for late night donuts (ahem...the NIGHT I came home :-) and just all around silliness. Jason and I were so thankful to have such capable, FUN girls watching our kids!
Now that I'm back home there are MANY "tugs" on my life :-) but I am trying to keep the ember going of this amazing weekend!!!
I come to the cross, there I find all I need
Surrender my heart, Jesus, draw near to me
You are my Savior
You are the Lord Almighty, none can stand against Your name
Lord, Your name has the power to save, the power to save
You are the Lord Almighty, there is nothing like your love
Lord, Your love, You have given it all...given it all
Kristian Stanfill

3 comments