Our Trip to Tucson

I can't even begin to describe our trip to Tucson...so much happened in so very little time. Suffice to say, we had a WONDERFUL time with both families. We started the trip off with the Jimenez family and celebrated Tyler's birthday at the zoo and then off to Peter Piper Pizza (a tradition with our family!). It was also his cousin, Zoe's eleventh birthday so they celebrated together.
We had a great time seeing everyone and their kids. It didn't take the kids long at all to remember each other and run off and play together.
We went to my parents house for Thanksgiving. My grandmother and aunt and cousin came from California to celebrate with us. It was so good seeing them again...we've not seen each other in two years!
Then we were off to see my brothers...both live about six hours away. My older brother, Michael, has two sweet girls - one actually lives under the guise of Princess Aurora and sings on command! Cute cute cute girls!!! We got to see my little brother Matthew and the kids jumped and hugged and played with him the entire time.
Back to Tucson again, and heading into a week long flu bug! We were hit hard with the flu the day before we were supposed to fly out. By the grace of God, (and the persuasion of my mother) they postponed our tickets. We spent the next few days in bed, drinking Gatorade, and bemoaning our aching bodies! Fortunately, the kids skipped out on this ailment and had more time with their grandparents!
Finally, whether completely recovered or not, Jason flew back to Charlotte and I followed with the kids a day later. We are home...still a little weak...but sleeping in our own beds!
There were far too many pictures captured on this trip so I created a slideshow of all our fun times!!! Its probably good I took so many pictures...I don't think Jason is looking forward to returning...fearing the flu awaits him there if he does! :-)

0 comments