Time for Mommy and Daddy...


While my mom was here she blessed us with a date night. All three children were under her watchful care while Jason and I had a much needed, much anticipated and much celebrated date!!! Its been awhile since our last date and we enjoyed it so much more also because we have no idea when there will be another! :-)
Right before we left, Tyler and Amy were asking why we were going out by ourselves. (They have gotten used to me dragging them every where we go! :-) My mom was explaining to them that Mommy and Daddy need time to spend with each other...to be friends, to talk, to laugh, etc.
She's right...we all need to take time out for each other. While the demands of my children seem at times to be all consuming...or more important than anything else...my marriage ultimately is the stabling force of this family. Our relationship with the Lord and our relationship with each other is what will enable them to feel loved, secure and consequently allow me to take care of their needs!
Our night out was short...only a few hours...but the benefits of time spent with my best friend, my one true companion, my hero...will last well beyond that night! Thanks Mom for allowing us that refreshing time together!!!

2 comments