The things they say...


Have you ever been so caught up in your day, i.e. laundry, dishes, meal-planning, tidying, etc and then all of a sudden one comment from your child stops you in your tracks? Yesterday was a little bit of a crazy day...Jason has been itching to get color on the walls in our new house. We've picked out most of the colors for the walls but still had to get the one main color for our kitchen and living room picked out.

He was up by five in the morning painting the dining room and by seven-thirty when I emerged bleary eyed he was trying to go through all our paint swatches and find the right one for the other rooms. The day was a whirlwind of activity from the get go. We had four different families stop by throughout the day to see the house and the baby, made two trips to Lowes, a trip to Chick Fil A, two loads of laundry, a quick trip to the park, and probably ten dirty diapers! :-)

Throughout the day I was trying to return a phone call to one of my friends but we just kept missing each other. As we sat down to dinner, my phone rang but I didn't get it because we were all finally in one place sitting down!!! But I made the comment that my friend and I kept playing phone tag...

Tyler looked up at me and said, "Mom, how do you play that game?"

Jason and I just laughed and laughed (much to Tyler's dismay - he really thought we were gonna play a game). And I chuckled when I got ready for bed last night and it even made me smile this morning. I love those little moments when their cute little innocence reminds you that life is so very short. He will not always by my little guy! Treasure the sweet gifts God has given you. And thank the Lord that He stops our day to remind us to smile! :-)

3 comments