Back to my roots...





Tucson, AZ


The desert.


I'm here...safe and sound...with all four children by my side.


At some points yesterday, I was doubtful...not that we'd actually get here...but just in what state we'd be in! :-)






Friday was spent sorting, and resorting...packing and repacking. Going back and forth on how many suitcases I could actually expect Tyler and Amy to drag around with them at the airport...we had several practice "walking-with-the-suitcase" drills!




Saturday morning dawned and everyone hustled about the house getting ready to go.


Daddy took us all the way to the gate and amidst tears and hugs we left him in Charlotte to board the plane.


I have to admit...if it were not for my faithful friends diligently praying for me and my sweet family eagerly awaiting me...we might not have made it here! :-)


We had the expected craziness of trying to get four children settled into their seats, open their snacks, find the missing toys under the seats, clean up the spill, etc.


It wasn't until the second flight that things got a little hairy.


We barely made our connecting flight in Dallas...rushed through a line to grab some lunch and hurried onto the plane.




Once we were at our cruising altitude I quickly realized that the DVD player was below us...not under our seat...but in the stroller that was safely packed below the PLANE!!!


Oops!




But if you know me...I don't usually just have one "oops"...it usually ends up being a cluster or so!




Sure enough, about ten minutes into the flight...Jackson was happily playing with his playdoh...when all of a sudden the contents of his stomach emptied out all over himself, little Hailey, and myself. Unfortuately, the baby Bjorn was just not enough of a helper...and I had to hand off Hailey to a complete stranger in order to calm Jackson down and attempt at a clean-up. Wouldn't you know, my sweet carefree baby started screaming as soon as she was passed off to the passenger in seat 23D!!!




Oh well...all of that is behind us now! We are happily tucked into my parents house and enjoying every minute of being here! Yes, my children are still adjusting to the time difference...yes, they all woke up this morning around FOUR AM - but the week is brimming full with cousins arriving, aunts and uncles and grandmas visiting. And sweet fellowship with some very special friends...




After church today we headed to my childhood haunt, Peter Piper Pizza with our dear friends, the Lewis'.








The kids have very vague memories of Carson and Katlyn but after a few rounds of ski ball were talking like good ole buddies!








Tammy and I have been friends for a long time. Shared lots of laughs, tears, frustrations, heartache, and most importantly...growing in the Lord together. She has always been a friend that exhorts, admonishes, encourages, and leads by example. We spent several hours today sitting in the exact same spot...and catching up on all the time we've lost.




And now...I'm off to bed...hoping and praying that the early risers will stay burried under the covers at least until the sun comes up!!!

5 comments