Forget and not slow down...


Most of the time I feel like this...


Head above water. 
Treading the surface. Actually creating movement.
I can hang. I got this. I'm not getting too old...
Then several things happened that clued me in to the reality that this is more likely:


Barely breaking the surface to catch a breath.
Struggling to maintain.
Not able to move forward in position.
Definitely getting old!

Here's what happened:

Two weeks ago the kids and I decided to drive out and see one of their favorite babysitters TEAR IT UP on the soccer field.
Kelly Moldenhauer is a senior at Wingate University...and let's just say
she's a beast!


When the opposing team was huffing it down the field and Kelly came to defend 
her turf...the players ran away...literally!
She was incredible!
Thankfully, my noisy brood didn't deter her concentration 
(although they screamed and hollered as LOUD as they possibly could - ask the other spectators!) 
After a super fun time watching Kelly pull out a W the kids and I headed home.
As I was driving home...debating over what to make for dinner and moderating the mild arguments coming from the rear of the van...my phone rang.
I didn't recognize the number at first...then it hit me...
"Hello? Celia? Did you still need me to babysit tonight? I'm sitting at your house. Are you home?"

Nope. Not at home. And yes, I had asked my sweet Suzanne to come on the WRONG day.
And there she was...sitting in the drive way waiting for me.
UGH!!!
I scrolled through all my emails...and there it was. 
A week early. What is WRONG with me???
Being the gracious woman that she is...she decided to make it a Jimenez-pizza-fun-hang-out night!

I spent several days thinking that perhaps too much is going on...
and I'm not really paying close attention.
I tried to ignore the hint that I might need to slow down a bit...

Then:


Early yesterday morning I woke up to do my devotions.
I looked at the calendar and realized it was the birthday of two very special people.
My close friend Mandy.



And my mother-in-law.

I was so puzzled. 
I couldn't believe we had forgotten to call my MIL for her big party.
How did we miss it? I was so disappointed.
Huh?
I made a mental note to make sure and  call her later in the day.
Then I hopped onto facebook and wrote a very long message on Mandy's page.
I was surprised that nobody had written yet.
Hm...
I checked again...yep, that's her birthday.
Oh well...





  Later that morning we made this video for Grammie. 
The kids were so excited to wish her a Happy To You!

I went downstairs to upload the video and sent it off to her...
and then it hit me.
I was a WEEK off!!!
Their birthday is the following Monday.
WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME???

Obviously, there is a lot going on in my head.
Maybe too much.
I'm definitely getting old.
Hopefully, I don't forget to meet you somewhere...
or forget your birthday...or maybe even forget your name!  :-)

1 comments