Summer days...

I think we have FINALLY started the lazy days of summer! 
With travelling and VBS and different commitments...our June was packed to the brim with activities!!!

The week we got back from Arizona we made a quick trip to the strawberry patch...hoping that there were still some left on the vines since we had missed the opening of the season.


After several very rainy days...the sun came out and we had some BEAUTIFUL berries to pick from.
I spent most of my time keeping a close eye on Hailey and Jackson...they didn't really contribute many berries to the bucket because they were so busy tasting all of them!


I probably should have kept a better eye on the older kids...I think the only qualifications for them was that the berry was red...so I ended up with two buckets of extremely tiny berries! 
Oh well!!!



Our friends, the Richardsons, came and stayed with us from San Antonio for a short, but sweet, time.
We are so thankful for the wisdom, love, encouragement, & support these friends have poured into our lives over the last year!
There were seven kids in the house...and the noise level definitely notched up a bit...thankfully, the four of us were able to get a quiet break to head out and spend a few hours eating and having a great time!


Then it was time for VBS!!!
VBS week has been the highlight of our summer so far. 
With over 750 kids in attendance it was a packed out house!

 This was my third year on the music team...and I must say...I had a BLAST!!!
I am not very talented in the area of dancing, co-ordination, or even rhythm...but thankfully...kids don't care! 


I also had the privilege of teaching the preschoolers Bible-time.
There were about fifty little ones all packed in one room...waiting for me to capture their attention...and dazzle them with truths of God's Word.
These precious little guys were a delight to be with...smothering me with hugs and kisses each and every day!



Amy and Tyler both had super fun groups with fantastic leaders.
It was a great week with many memories imprinted on our family!

After VBS. we had a wonderful 4th of July...celebrating our freedom and family with some close friends.
Then we packed up our stuff and headed to the lake with our friends, the Howards!!



It was a jam-packed house...with nine children and four adults...but it was FUN!!!
This is our second summer we've been graciously hosted by the Howard family.
I'm sure it cannot be easy to double the noise in your home...but they didn't seem to mind all the craziness our family brought them! :-)
It has been a considerably rainy summer...and even the morning we arrived it was lightly drizzling.
But thankfully, Mr Jeff had the magic touch...when we went out on the boat...the clouds went away!!!
The kids tried to be daredevils on the boat...while I tried to keep my breakfast in my stomach!!!



Right before we left...Jeff and Jason tried to get a fire going so we could roast marshmallows...
thankfully...it started pouring right AFTER the last bite was popped into our mouths!
So yummy and delicious!
The kids had such a fun (uninteruppted) time of playing with their friends. 



This lil miss just could not get enough s'mores!
Good to the very last bite! :-)

It was a busy June...and start to July.
But now I'm ready for those lazy summer days...just kicking back!!

1 comments