Home for Christmas...with the Brunenkants

Between the two of us, Jason and I have been blessed with a lot of family!
Going home to Tucson means trying to make sure we get to spend time with all of them...if we can!
Sometimes it works out just right...and sometimes it flies by too fast.
No matter how hard we try...or how good our intentions...or how well organized we try to be...there is still only 24 hours in a day!!!



Since I had a few days before Jason got to AZ, my cousin came down from California to see us.


The kids LOVE spending time with Zana!


And of course, I do too :-)




My sweet Daddy...even though he was coming down with the flu...


walked all the way to the park with us.
And then challenged the boys to a football game!



You wouldn't have known it to watch him that he was even feeling a bit sick.
But I think he did "let" the boys win that round!



There are definitely a lot of memories that we made while out in Tucson...


but I think what I loved the most was just being together. 
Sharing a meal together...listening to a funny story...


watching the kids interact with their grandparents...



being able to hear my dad sing in the choir...



watching the cousins play


and play...

 

and play!!!


My older brother's family came down from Bullhead...



and my younger brother's family came out from Philadelphia...




so there were A LOT of kids running around...



my parents spoiled ALL of their grandkids!!!

One morning we decided to take the girls to go see Annie...




which kept them completely entertained :-)
Then afterwards, they all crammed into a photo booth for a quick photo shoot!


Too soon it was time to say goodbye to both families...


as they headed home -  I headed to California to see my grandmother.


I had a WONDERFUL two days with my family in California...talking...eating...laughing...reminiscing...and storing up some very precious moments!!
My grandmother is so very special to me. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to see her on this trip...but being so close was just too much of a temptation for me! 
I am so thankful for the quiet moments sitting on her bed...talking about times past...lessons from God...and just rehearsing all of the blessings God has given us.


After that it was back to AZ for a few more days of fun, snuggle time with the family!


New Years was spent playing Farkle.




Amy received a tea pot and set from her Grandma for her last birthday.
Since then, we have had quite a few tea parties.
I wanted her to experience a true Chantilly tea while in Tucson.




Chantilly is a gorgeous little tea room in the middle of the desert :-)

Set along the walls are shelves and shelves of delicate tea cups and saucers.



Each person gets to pick their own tea cup...and of course, their own tea!



Hailey chose pink lemonade! :-)
She tried so hard to keep her pinky up while drinking her "tea"...




It was such a treat to spend the afternoon with my favorite ladies!!!
(We missed my mother-in-law who was not feeling well that afternoon! ;(



Amy was the perfect table hostess.
She was completely fascinated with all of the cups, pots, strainers, spoons, sugar cubes...etc :-)


All too soon...it was time to say good-bye...




my least favorite part of the trip...


it was so, SO hard to hug my family one last time,..



but I am so, SO thankful for the sweet time we were able to spend with them.
Those two weeks just made my anticipation for heaven that much greater...
for the day of no goodbyes!!!


0 comments