Something More...

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; 
I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly. 
John 10:10


Something MORE - that was the theme for Camp Carmel this year - the youth ministry camp.
Amy asked if I would go as a counselor...and it was a crazy, awesome week.
The message of the week came from John 10:10...Christ came to give us an abundant life.
To live for something MORE.


And along with the powerful messages and worship...


there was also those crazy games that seem all too familiar with youth camp!



I didn't see much of the big kids...but when I did, I snagged a hug or too to keep me going!



Tyler could be found on the basketball courts ANY time there was free time.



Some of the girls in my cabin!



Tyler and Stephen trying to stay dry and WARM. It was FREEZING one day while we were there.
Everyone had packed for summer...because it is JUNE...but we had a cold front come through.
We were thankful the next day when the sun came out!


So thankful these college kids came along...and the example they set for our kiddos!




 It was a blessing and an honor to serve alongside of these women. I am thankful for their willingness to serve and to pour into the lives of the next generation!!


This obnoxious sign was how my small group would find me each day :-)





Tyler and his stinky basketball friends!


Amy and Ella practicing their verses...in order to get more points for their team...


the ninjas!





My small group.
I treasured the time I had with these junior and senior girls.
We talked about some very hard topics...and shared some deep hurts.
It was beautiful to watch them minister to each other through the power of the Holy Spirit. 
I am thankful to have been able to see the body in action.


The last night, there is a tradition called the Legacy Walk.
The seniors lead the rest of the grades through a walk around the camp.
Each class igniting the flame for the grades below them.


Once we arrive, the seniors have the opportunity to bless the juniors...and the entire youth group.


It was a powerful night. One that each of these juniors (and all of us) will remember and treasure for a long time to come!


The three amigos...it wasn't often that they were apart this week. 
So glad Tyler has good friends!!


Not all of the leaders are shown here...but it was a huge honor and blessing to serve alongside of this crew. My friends!!







And in case you think I worked the entire week...I did manage to join into some of those crazy games!!




0 comments