I'm laughing at clouds...

Tyler and Amy have been cursed blessed to have a mother that gives in to complete random bursts of song. While growing up, I remember records being played all the time, musicals shown for entertainment, and Bing Crosby, Ginger Rogers, and Doris Day were among my favorite actors. In high school, I was in several musicals, on the ensemble, praise team, and in the choir. With all those songs filling my head its no wonder my life isn't a musical!!!

Yesterday, we bought some cheap umbrellas at Target (yes...we needed those before Monday...oh well!). When we got home I was unloading the bags and pulling the tags off the umbrellas. I couldn't stop myself. I launched into a full volume - extreme force - heart felt version of Singin in the Rain. (Complete with my version of the dance - minus light poles!)


Now, my kids are quite used to this. It is considered "normal" at our house! They laugh, they dance, and at times join in the song. But this was a new song...so we crowded around the computer after I was done singing and I showed them the youtube clip of Gene Kelly stomping in puddles and dancing in the rain.

I am sure they will remember all these crazy moments. I just wonder how their memory will serve them - and how they will tell the story to their kids about their zany grandma! :-)

3 comments