No greater joy...

Two years have flown by with Jason and I working in the youth. As you can imagine, we get quite attached to these kids and end up pouring our hearts, time, energy and most of all - prayer into these amazing students! It is hard for us to watch the seniors gear up for graduation, spend a summer loafing around, and then sprout their wings and take off for college! But the sweetest thing is when we get those occasional phone calls, emails or "drop-in" lunches from these new adventurers. To hear how God has taken them to new heights and definite lows...and the wonder of a faith that has stood firm through both.

One of our graduates from last year, Bethany, is definitely one of those adventurers. This is the one that had several pranks awaiting me at camp, put a For Sale sign in my yard while I was on a missions trip, made a video of her impersonation of me leading a Bible study and many other crazy antics. But she is also the one that has a solid walk with God and an exciting calling on her life. It has been hard to gradually let go of my role in her life and watch as others walk alongside of her and challenge her in new ways...but knowing all the while that God has her firmly in His grip.




I have no greater joy than to that my children are walking in the truth
3 John 1:4







And now I can always keep my eye on what she is up to...she has joined all of us in the blogging world and taken a piece of the action! :-) Bethany's thoughts about life...



1 comments