Sickies, babysitting, and love...

It was inevitable. I had hoped to avoid it...but it would not be deterred.
The flu bug has arrived.
So far it has only claimed one poor victim, Amy, but claim her it did! She is over the worst of it right now but still very weak.
During my constant running back and forth to the bathroom with Amy, Tyler was put in charge of "watching over JJ". He took his responsibility very seriously and kept Jackson laughing throughout the entire day. They played with Tyler's toys - yes, there is much drool that needs to be cleaned off the GI Joes now - and they read books (somewhat). They bonded as brothers!
Though it was definitely not a fun way to spend the last two days...it was sweet to watch Tyler and Jackson together. And during the worst moments with Amy, I received many blessings from her. She tends to yell when she gets sick (really yell!)
And these were the snippets I heard yesterday, in the middle of being sick - bless her sweet little heart:
"Mommy, I hate being sick...I can't do this."
"I need my Daddy."
"I love you, Mommy, so much."
"I am so thankful to have a Mommy like you."
"Thank you for holding my hand, Mommy."
"You are the best Mommy ever."

So, rejuvenated and feeling loved, I am ready for whatever comes next. I hope! :-)

PS Sorry there are no cute pics of Tyler and Jackson playing...or Amy snuggling in her bed. In all honesty, there were very few moments over the last 48 hours that I had anything in my hand other than Lysol or paper towels!!! :-)

5 comments