Godspell...

Not only do we have the pleasure of attending our OWN children's soccer games, choir performances, etc...but we have an entire youth group of students that send out invites to THEIR games, competitions, performances, and graduations.
Jason and I are only two people...so it is impossible for us to attend EVERY single one...and sometimes our students are a little shy to include us...but we try to go whenever is possible. This past Thursday night, I went to go see Godspell at Covenant Day School.
I'm not sure the theology was exact...but the performance was stellar and the cast was hysterical!!! Our sweet little, Melody, was a shining star all night and it was exciting to she her true colors come out!

Sitting in the theater, waiting for the performance to start, I was once again at Desert Christian High School awaiting the curtains to open and put on the show of a lifetime. Musical theater was HUGE at our school...rivaling most all of the sports programs. Those brief moments (that felt like forever in school) when we donned the costumes of ages past and transformed our characters into those written by pen - will forever be etched in my memories!

It was such a fun night...for Melody's performance and for my own trip down memory lane. And for the life of me...I cannot get a single one of those songs from Godspell out of my mind!!! :-)

2 comments