Sweet Amy...


My sweet little Amy is quite unpredictable at times.
There is no telling what will come out of her mouth from one minute to the next.
She definitely keeps us on our toes...and on our knees! :-)
Her brain is always thinking, pondering, questioning, inquiring and concluding.

I don't ever want to forget the funny, astounding things she comes up with.

The other day we were walking along a trail in the early morning.
We were talking about the plants and the flowers (a science lesson in the making)
and all of God's amazing creation.
All of a sudden we saw two deer run across the path into the surrounding trees.
It was over in a flash but it was a beautiful sight to behold.

I told the kids to be quiet just in case we might catch another glimpse of the escaping deer.
Amy was quite for a long time...then she said,
"If we're really quite we might even see an elephant!"

Hm...sorry, I know you're not supposed to laugh when your kids say something serious...
but I couldn't contain myself.
An elephant? In the forest?
(Yes, as a matter of fact, we DO homeschool! :-)


Several days later Amy came downstairs after her "rest-time".
She has been listening to our church's worship CD almost non-stop since we brought it home.
I wouldn't be surprised if she had every word of every song memorized.
We started talking about one of the songs and how awesome it is that it tells us so much about the Lord. It describes over twenty different names for the Lord.
Amy looked at me and said,
"Mom, that is a song you have to sing...you can't just listen to it."
My thoughts exactly! :-)


This past week was a tough one for me. Very draining emotionally, physically and spiritually.
One night I was lying on the bed while the kids were taking showers.
Amy came in and snuggled up to me and said,
"Mom, would you like me to read to you for a little bit out of the Bible?"
Sweet baby girl, read to me the entire first chapter of John.
What a blessing.

Behold, children are a gift of the Lord.
The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Psalm 127:3

3 comments