Boot Camp 2017...


We have not had time to stop this summer...it has been one fun thing after the next!!
I went on Tyler's missions trip...so it was only fair to go with Amy to camp.
(I'm sure SHE would have been just fine without me...but this camp sounded too fun to pass up!)


I am teaching fifth grade girls on Sunday morning and on Wednesday night so I was blessed with these cutie fifth graders for the week!
Kaitlin, Ansley, Lily, Macy, Abby, Caroline, Caitlyn, Macy, and Ava.
(yes...that made for a confusing week having two Caitlyn's and two Macy's) 


Caitlyn is my youth leader on Sunday mornings teaching and she was my youth leader at camp.
I seriously could not have done it without her.
She filled in all of the gaps and made sure everyone was where we needed to be...on time...and all together!


The theme for the week was: Boot Camp. 


My job for the week: yell and scream at the kids - make them do push ups and runs -


oh, and teach them the Bible!
Not sure how excited they were to learn from me after being their drill sergant...but they all did great!


It was fun for me to get to know so many different people during the week of camp.
Serving alongside of each other definitely brings out...the BEST! :)


This is one of Amy's counselors...BECCA!! She is so much fun and Amy loved having her!


Obviously my reason for going to camp was to be able to see my girl throughout the week.
I loved seeing her smiling face at breakfast...playing the games...or hanging out at waterfront.


And wherever she was...Ella was probably right there with her!


Boot Camp is known for it's mud run. 
The kids talk about it all week long. 
he counselors dread it all week long. 
And EVERYONE has to participate...young or old!!


Here is Amy right after she went through the mud run...
and right before her dear old mom attempts to go through!!
Unfortunately she went through with the sixth graders at a different time - 
so I wasn't able to get live action shots of her running the mud!


And even more unfortunate...
there were plenty of bystanders that DID catch me going through the mud!!


Face first...eating that yummy slush!



A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way. -John Maxwell-

So thankful to have served under this Wonder Woman!! 
Sean Lee has been the director of children's ministry at Carmel for over 27 years.
It has been such a priviledge to watch her lead and love on all of us that serve as well as all of the kids!
She was not afraid to get dirty...literally...all the while showing us how to lead!
She is one I greatly admire...respect...and love!! 
And she made a pretty intimidating commander...especially when wearing her beret!



I think by the end of the week Amy caught on to the "why" of me coming to camp...
definitely her :)


Amy's cabin of girls.


On the giant swing!


Acting out the Bible verse.


Making a camp memory...with Ella!

Sixth grade is the last year for kids camp...so they try and make it the most memorable.
They have special traditions that only the sixth graders get to participate in as well as a performance they give on the last night.


They get to pick if they want to do acting, stomp, or choreography to music.
Amy picked the last one and here is a video of her group's performance...



She was in the back so it was a little hard to get her on screen...and then there were a couple of times that I forgot I was filming ;)
But she did a GREAT job!!

And this video does a fabulous job of recapping our week!






I am so thankful to have been able to make memories alongside of my sweet girl.
I pray that the truth of God's armor and His assignment for her life will be the biggest take away for her this week!!

0 comments