Forget Not all His Benefits...

Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me,
Bless His holy name.
Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget none of His benefits;
Who pardons all your iniquities, who heals all your diseases;
Who redeems your life from the pit,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and compassion;
Who satisfies your years with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle.
Psalm 103:1-5
Throughout my entire life there have been times that unmistakeably God has moved. Situations that could not be explained other than His provision, His intercession, or His touch of healing. And yet, today...here and now...I struggle with simple petitions and a lack of trust. Why is it that I forget so easily ALL that He has done up till this very moment? Not even just in my life but in those around me...and throughout history! Scripture tells us to "forget none of His benefits"...we are called to remember what He has done and what He is CAPABLE of doing.
When we sit down to watch a movie...we don't pause it halfway through and study the picture on the TV. We allow the story to play out and watch it until the credits roll. I find myself studying the picture on the screen at the present time. Analyzing it from every angle...trying to figure out what good could possibly come from it...and then discouraged, I give up on the whole movie! Thankfully, God does not measure our lives by time...He sees the beginning from the end. He knows that this snapshot of my life will play an intricate part in the person I am in glory. I must REMEMBER all His benefits and wait for Him to satisfy me with His good things!

2 comments