First Day

Today was the first day of...class...for Tyler and Amy. No, not school...but class...Art Class!!!!
I have seen everyone's blog in the last few weeks and watched all our little friends go back to school. And I had thought that this would be the year that Tyler would join the ranks with his little backpack and lunchbox. But as the end of summer approached, Jackson entered our lives, and we moved into our new house...Jason was having some second-thoughts about this issue.

So, we've decided to homeschool this year! I wish I could give you my "amazing-godly-reasons-for-homeschooling" but I really don't have any. I am not under heavy conviction that homeschooling is the only "right" way to go. This is what Jason felt was best for who we are and where we are in our lives. I'm sure that things will change...as they most often do in our lives. But for right now...we are homeschooling!

So...back to today...it was our first day of Art Class. Tyler and Amy were so excited to go to their little homeschool art class at Noah's Art this afternoon. They have been asking all week long when it was going to be...and today was the day!

We took our lunches and had a picnic by the fountains and then walked over to class. Tyler was a little nervous to go in and honestly, I was a little nervous to leave when he started tearing up. But the teacher, Brian, shuffled them all to their tables, smocked them up, and slapped the markers right into their little hands.
An hour later, I had the two happiest little kids in all of Charlotte and some beautiful Picasso-like-art work.
In their own words,

Tyler: Mom, thank you so much. That was the bestest thing I have ever done in the whole world. We painted with flour! And Mr. Brian cut his ear this morning shaving and had to have a band-aid on it. But it was so fun!
Amy: Why are you here Mom? Is it time to go? Mom, like, that was, like, so cool *eyelashes making statement* I cannot wait to go next time.

Jackson: snoring

So, Art Class was a hit! Here are the pics:

 
Eating lunch first...


Playing in the fountain...

Amy's excited face...

Tyler's excited face...

Jackson's excited face...

With their teacher, Mr Brian..

7 comments