My little evangelist...

Childlike faith. To have faith like a child. To believe without wavering that God is in control and He will take care of His children. To have complete confidence that Jesus died for our sins and rose again.
It has been such a learning process having kids! Here I stand as the Mommy...trying to teach my little kids all I know (ha ha ha) and God continues to use them in my life to teach me all HE knows!!!! The other day was such a prime example...
The kids and I were out and about running errands. We had stopped to look at something and two women, a newborn and a little girl were next to us. Of course, I started talking to the other mom about "newborn-stuff"...breastfeeding, sleeping, crying, etc. Amy and Tyler were talking to the little girl and the other mommy.
When we were done talking the other mom came up to me and told me about the conversation she had had with Amy. Apparently, the other little girl was talking about ghosts. The mom asked Amy if she was scared of ghosts. Amy...just looked at her (you know the look) and said, "No...I believe in Jesus." The mom said, "Wow, so do I."
This didn't follow with Amy's theology obviously - to believe in Jesus and STILL be scared? So she kept talking, "Well, I believe He died on the cross for my sins...and He rose again." The mom agreed with this also. This really baffled Amy...so she pulled out the big guns..."Well, I go to church and my dad is a pastor."
Now I'm not sure that this approach will have them coming out in droves to church...but she had absolutely no problem sharing her Jesus with others. There are no barriers, insecurities, inhibitions about telling others. My little evangelist has inspired me to be more pro-active about taking every opportunity given to me!


4 comments