Grammie and Poppie...SURPRISE!!!!

I am not good at surprises. I usually get too excited and spill the beans within minutes of planning the surprise. I just am too hyped up! But this time...I pulled it off. Never thought I would. Those that knew about it doubted my ability to keep my excitement to myself. And the one who was being surprised pestered me day in and day out trying to figure it out. But I did it!!!

For Jason's graduation, birthday and our anniversary I planned a trip for just the two of us to go down to Hilton Head and spend three days...alone! My parents graciously joined in on the surprise and agreed to fly out and watch the kids while we were gone. The plan was in the works for THREE months!!! That was a long three months of silence!!!

But Saturday night...unbeknownst to Jason...I drove to the airport to pick up my parents. I had planned on attending one the highschooler's concerts...and thus I had the perfect alibi!
After picking up my parents, I swung by Stonecrest and had my dad go in and pick up Matthew - who knew NOTHING about the surprise. He was shocked!!!

We then headed home to surprise Jay!!! He was sitting in his office studying for Sunday. I walked in...alone and put something on his desk. He looked up and saw his special hot sauce that you can only buy in Tucson. He looked at me funny...and tried to figure out if it had come in the mail or some thing. I just grinned and shook my head. It still wasn't clicking! Finally I just told him that my parents had brought it and that they were outside in the car. He didn't believe me at first...but then they walked through the door. He was shocked! And then...I told him WHY they were here! Took awhile for it all to sink in...and then excitement was evident in his face!!!

So...we spent the weekend with my parents and then headed off to the beach. The kids had a BLAST with Grammie and Poppie...probably didn't even realize that we had left!




Everyone wanted to sit next to Poppie!!!

This was my dad's first time seeing Jackson. They instantly bonded...and my dad rarely put Jackson down. He was a little spoiled by week's end!
We celebrated Grammie's birthday!

Played lots of Farkle! (Yes, that is the name of the game!)




Rode bikes!









And had LOTS and LOTS of ice cream at DQ!!!!

It was a great week! Sadly, we had to take them back to the airport yesterday. But a HUGE thank you to Grammie and Poppie for coming out and making my surprise so MUCH better!!!!
We love you and miss you already!!!!

5 comments