Strawberry picking...and niblin...


We went strawberry picking last week...and hit the jackpot! It was a gorgeous Carolina day - and the strawberries were beautiful ripe and juicy! We had never been strawberry picking before...(only chile picking...we are from Arizona!). The kids thought that strawberries originated in Harris Teeter so they were in for a surprise when we pulled up to the farm!



They ate them about as fast as they picked them...so I'm surprised so many made it into the tubs! But soon the tubs were full, we were hot and sweaty, and our allergies had reached the breaking point!!!


With such beautiful berries, I decided to make chocolate covered strawberries as appreciation gifts for the kids AWANA teachers.

I washed them all, sorted through all the yucky ones, and got them ready for dipping. But I had my back turned for too long apparently...because several of the strawberries looked like this one...

With or without chocolate...just too good to resist!!!

3 comments