Beach Bliss...





I am looking outside my window at the dark clouds and rain soaked yard...and dreaming of the beach!!!





Hilton Head is calling my name!
We had such a good time last week...spending hours and hours just sitting on the beach. At times we'd talk and enjoy uninterrupted conversation. Other times...we'd just sit...doing absolutely nothing...and loving it! We spent a lot of time reading our books or our Bibles and just listening to the crashing of the waves on the shore. It was quite odd to walk out to the beach with just towel and chair in hand...no shovels, pails, frisbees, etc. We didn't have to dive into the water as soon as we got there...or look for the perfect spot to begin digging. We were almost lost in knowing what to do with all our freedom! But we managed just fine! :-)
One morning we got up (whenever we wanted too!!!!) and went to Flamingo's for breakfast. It is a family owned doughnut shop that makes fresh doughnuts. Fresh...as in - they don't even fry the doughnut until you order it! Then...you decide whatever glaze you want on it and whatever topping!!! We had a coupon for buy three get one free...I didn't know what we would do with four doughnuts...but of course I wanted to use the coupon. Well...I had both of my two doughnuts inhaled before Jay could even lay claim to them! They were AMAZING!!!!!!

One of the nights we were there we went up to Harbour Town. It is a quaint little place with shops, restaurants and a lighthouse at the end. All over the little town they have red rocking chairs...just placed here and there. Jason and I sat in those chairs and just watched all the people passing by. With no place to be or rush...it was so nice to just sit and sit and sit!


The next night we ate dinner and then bought some ice cream and headed out to the beach. Our room was about a two-minute walk to the beach. And it was absolutely empty! There was NO ONE on the beach but us. We got there in time to watch several dolphins jumping around and coming pretty close to shore. (Side note: I thought it was cute...but my shark-paranoid husband informed me that dolphins only come to shore because they hear people and they are afraid of sharks. So they are drawn to the safety of people. Hm, yeah...so I kind of doubt this is true...but I humored him and stayed out of the water!!!)
After the dolphins left (presumably because the sharks left?) we watched the sunset over the ocean. It was breath taking. Jason and I just stood....completely in awe of God's creative handiwork.
The trip was over way too fast...and reality was beckoning us back to Charlotte. But the trip was definitely the best...topping even our honeymoon!!! Now we're looking forward to the next one...which will be...who knows when! :-)

2 comments