An unusual visitor...

I am usually pretty good about tuning out "kid" noises. I am always ready just in case I hear key words "bleeding", "bite", or something of that nature. But for the most part...I have become accustomed to animal sounds, screams, giggles, etc.
So yesterday, when we were unloading everyone out of the van and I kept hearing screeching noises...of course I attributed them to my very creative (albeit LOUD) daughter! But when I looked at her standing next to me...with her mouth quiet...I still heard the noises.
And then I found our little friend...although I must admit that at first I was not sure if he was friend or foe...and there was a bit of screaming on discovery!






This little guy had flown into our van completely unbeknownst to us and then began hopping around from seat to seat. We opened all the doors and windows giving him complete access to his freedom. But alas...he was NOT interested.
My animal-loving husband suggested we allow him to stay in the van...indefinitely. No thank you! He then suggested I shoo the bird into a box and keep him as our pet. Again...no thank you! Mr Bird realized he no longer had a captive audience and decided to fly away to his next perch. And according to my husband, I am now responsible for the possible death of a beautiful bird. But perhaps he came just to brighten our day and moved on to the next unsuspecting victims family.

5 comments