The Great Outdoors...


This Thanksgiving we were SO thankful and blessed to have my cousin, Zana, stay with us.
Zana and I are only a few months apart...and basically grew up like sisters. 
She lived in California and I lived in Arizona...but every time we were with each other...
we caught up on all that had transpired since the last time.
As little girls we told silly stories and wrote little plays. We sang songs and danced around like princesses.
We got into trouble...for the same reasons...
and tried our hardest to maneuver our way out of the following punishment.
I think God knit together our mother's hearts...as they were busy discussing their crazy daughters!
As we grew older we giggled and talked about boys...and our hopes and dreams...and our future.

And now...we are living our future.
So much has changed...and yet...somethings have stayed the same.
The entire week she was here...we talked...and talked...and talked some more.
We did take several breaks to do some VERY fun outings...

After the festivities of Thanksgiving...
we bundled everyone up and headed to the US National Whitewater Center.
Most of us were content to stay in the sun and watch those that were participating.
Tyler, Zana and Jeremy were up in the air, going through obstacle courses, rock climbing, kayaking...and more.


Hailey and Jackson planted themselves on the bridge...
content to wave, cheer and talk to anyone that could hear over the roar of the rapids.

 Though we didn't buy a pass for the lil ones...they did venture a bit of rock climbing...


and some rock "sitting"...

Zana has had a fear of heights and yet every obstacle she met head on
...challenging herself and putting her fears to the test!
Thankfully, she needed a little bit of help on the MegaZip and I graciously obliged her!
Swooping down the line, with the wind whipping my hair, screaming at the top of my lungs, the kids cheering me on just reminded me all the more why I LOVE the great outdoors!!!

3 comments