Beloved...


I still remember the day that I found out about you...
Your older brother was only five months old...I was still finding my way in this new journey called "motherhood".
And I couldn't seem to get enough sleep...or eat enough crackers...or drink enough milkshakes.
And then I knew.


I woke up early that morning...before your Daddy...so I could head out to the drugstore and grab a pregnancy test.
Daddy only woke up as I walked through the door.
He wanted to know if I was sick...or had run out to get some medicine.
I didn't want to tell him until I knew for sure...


 A few minutes later...the test confirmed...I was pregnant again.
Wow! 
I have to admit, sweet one, I was in a bit of a shock.
I had only just been able to see my toes after carrying your brother for nine months.


But very quickly God whispered to my heart all the joy that was in store with you.
That He had a plan for your little life.
That it would be beyond what I could ever ask or imagine.


And that is exactly what you are...a joy...



a delight...


our precious, beloved Amy-girl!!


Today we celebrate your ten years of life.
All that God has brought into our lives when He gave us YOU!
All that He has done in YOUR life these last few years.
And all the promises of what He has in store for you.



 Amy,
You are a gregarious young woman with a zeal for life.
You are passionate about the truth of God's Word and you love asking your Daddy TONS of questions about it (hence the new book he just wrote!!!)  



You are kind-hearted and caring towards your siblings and your friends.
Always coming up with creative ways to encourage, bless and entertain all those around you!


This past year, you have been asking more questions about your spiritual gifts and God's plan for your life.
We pray that God continues to reveal to you what He has for you.



And that you continue to "grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen."

We love you, precious Amy-girl!!!
Happy 10th Birthday!!!

0 comments