The things they say...


These two.
They are our comedy hour.
They keep us laughing with their one liners and their constant queries.
Wish I could keep up with all of them...but these are just a few...


The kids were asking questions about when Jason and I met...I was telling them about where I lived, went to church, worked, etc.
Jackson then asked..."Mom, YOU had a job!?!?!"



JJ: Mom, can I show you a karate move my fake friend, Mike, taught me?
Me: I thought you weren't going to have fake friends anymore?
JJ: Well, I wasn't going to after I turned six but I really wanted to learn this move.
Me: Um..
JJ: It's okay, Mom, we're not that close anymore!



I usually have two sidekicks when I do my workout video at home. This morning Jackson pooped out on me and sat on the couch. I asked him why he stopped….
 "I am losing too much weight! I started at 58 lbs and now I'm 57lbs! Plus I already have a six-pack!"



Younger two were singing this morning as they were playing...then this conversation happened:
 JJ: Hailey, what are you singing?
Hailey: God is on the moon, on the moon, on the moon...hallelujah!
JJ: On the MOON? I don't think that's what the song says!
 Hailey: Yeah, it does...it means God is everywhere!
JJ:.......



Trying to make some heart shape sugar cookies for the kids to decorate...and they didn't turn out quite the way I had envisioned. But then Hailey said, "Don't worry, Mommy, your heart is perfect inside...because Jesus is there!" Not to be outdone with sage wisdom, Jackson said, "Yeah, Mom, remember...man looks at the outside but God looks at the heart!"



This conversation just took place:
Hailey: Jackson, will you play with me in my room?
Jackson: Sure, I guess.
Hailey: Great! I'll go get the barbies out (insert grin)
Jackson: (panic look) Wait...I don't want to play barbies!!!
Hailey: Well, there's a boy barbie in there...
Jackson: (thinking) Let's play barbies vs. America Ninja Warrior!!!



This kid is hilarious...doing his math and writing numbers - but with each number he writes, he rattles off Patriot players!!!
Me: Write 87
JJ: 87...hmm....Gronkowski!!
Me: Write 11
JJ: 11...um, Julian Edelman!!
Me: Write 19
JJ: 19...ok, um, Brandon LaFell!
Me: Write 33
JJ: Dion Lewis! But he's out with an injury!!



Mom, I think this donut is going to make me run really fast in my football game!!!



Jackson: Mom, can I use some "working" paper?
Me: I don't know what that is - you mean printing paper?
 Jackson: No, working paper!
Me: The lined paper that the kids use for school?
Jackson: No, Mom, you know...the green and yellow and red paper. The working paper.
Me: Oh...the CONSTRUCTION paper?
Jackson: YES!



Last night's conversation...
Jackson: Mom, do you speak Spanish?
 Me: No
Jackson: Do you speak English?
Me: um, yeah...
Jackson: You do!?!?
Me: Yes! That's what I'm speaking right now. What did you think I was speaking?
Jackson: Human.



JJ's hamburger got a little messy tonight during dinner. I told him I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get all the ketchup stains out. He said a little Optimus Prime should do the trick. What??!?! He brought me the box of Oxyclean! Hm...



At dinner tonight:
 Jackson: So Mom, your parents - Grammie and Poppy - do they have any kids?
 Me: Um, yeah...


Jackson: I'm a perfect smiley face drawer. Actually, I wish I was a Costco-man so I could draw smiley faces all day.



Jackson and Hailey were debating who the strongest super hero is. There was Spiderman, Superman, Hulk, Bomber guy (Jason's made up superhero) and on and on. Till finally Hailey said in her little voice, "No, I think Daddy is the strongest one of them all!!!"



Kids what do you wanna watch on the Olympics tonight:
 Tyler - "Snowboarding"
Amy - "Figure skating"
 Jackson - "Hockey"
 Hailey - "Little mermaids swimming and dancing in the water..."



Having some theology issues this morning ~
Hailey: This is baby Jesus.
Jackson: Yes, He came so He could die on the cross for our sins.
Hailey: NO...babies do not die on crosses.
Jackson: When He grew up He did. That's why He came, Hailey.
Hailey: Only mans dies on crosses.
Jackson: But He did rise again.
Hailey: No He didn't. You said He died.
Jackson: (exasperated) Look at the shepherds and the sheep, Hailey!



Jackson: Mom, I want to change my name to "Leave it to Beaver" and Tyler can be Wally. ;)



Hailey: Mom, now I'm four I know everything.
Me: .I don't think you know everything...
Hailey: Well, I know Jesus died on the cross...that IS everything!!!



Jackson is "helping" me with my workout this morning. After one set of plyocides he says, "That's it, Mom, I'm done helping you. That hurt my feelings!" as he plopped on the couch!



Hailey's prayer tonight... Dear God, Thank You for my Daddy. Help him as he is telling people about Jesus and about how much you love them. Help him be safe coming home. And help my mom...she's JUST a mom. But she's an awesome mom...a soccer mom. Amen



Jackson: Mom, I don't even know your name. I just call you Mommy...who are you?
Me: My name is Celia.
Jackson: Celia? Hm? (after thinking) Is it okay if I just call you Mom?



Jackson: Knock, knock..
Me: Who's there?
Jackson: Mommy.
Me: Mommy who?
Jackson: You're my mommy, silly! :-)



Hailey's prayer tonight: Dear God, Thank you for my mommy and her beautiful hair. And that she is just the right mommy for me and I love her. And that I want to keep her forever. Amen.



Me: Have fun reading your Bible, Hailey!!
Hailey: Mom, I can't read. I'm just finding my favorite verse.



My kids are so supportive of my endeavors to work out. After finishing the P90X2 video, Jackson told me he didn't like my "smell". Nice. Then Amy said, "Oh Mom...you worked so hard and you still don't have any muscles." :-( Oh well...I tried!



Yesterday, Hailey told me she had a dream about God and angels. I asked her about it and she said the angels were flying around singing and that God was sitting down. Wow...I started thinking that maybe God was speaking to my daughter through dreams. She came in this morning and I asked her if she had any dreams last night. "Yes! I dreamed about Barbie's castle and Cinderella - and they were friends!" ;) Ha...or not....




I was explaining to Hailey why she needs to keep her earrings in...so the holes wouldn't close up. Tyler chimed in and told her that daddy had earrings once. She thought about that for a minute then asked... "When he was a pirate???" Um yes...

0 comments