September 2020


My parents got me a guitar for my birthday.
I have been trying to learn on my own...and I'm sure I would progress much faster if I practiced!!


ANOTHER birthday celebration!
These friends got together to surprise Renee Ratcliffe for her 50th birthday.
And she was definitely surprised given her birthday was several months back!!!
Her husband has been holding off until quarantine was past.


The days are turning a little cooler and the hint of fall is in the air.
School on the deck becomes a bit more frequent!


I have not kept up as I should with teaching art to the kids.
We have several art books purchased and they have watched a couple of videos off and on. 
But I was determined this year to stick with it!
First up was learning about Pablo Picasso.


The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls.
Picasso


I paint objects as I think them, not as I see them.
Picasso


One Saturday, Zana invited us up to the botanical gardens on the UNCC campus for a picnic and a hike.


It was a beautiful day and the colors are just about to change.






 
This tree had fallen over and exposed the roots.
So cool to see and of course explore!
I think it might have sold a couple of kids on heading to UNCC for college!!!


Speaking of Zana...the house two doors down from ours is now on the market.
Zana has had her eye on this house for as long as she has lived in Charlotte.
At the moment...it is a bit out of her price range.


We are praying that God will make a way for Zana to be our neighbor!
The kids and I sent her some pictures of her "maybe" house on our walk...


and how fun it would be to have these two crazy teens as neighbors!!


This crazy teen was having some headaches during school...and we found out why...she needed classes.


AND this one did too!!

0 comments