One down...


Jason is officially finished with his module. A module is an intense course through Southern Evangelical Seminary, where Jason is finishing up his Bachelor's degree. He went to school every day last week from 6-10:30pm (straight from work) and all day Saturday. Needless to say, it was a LONG week...for all of us! Unfortunately, Jason is fighting a cold through it all as well and hasn't gotten much sleep for the last several nights. But he pushes through...and manages to deal with it all graciously!!!
He really enjoyed this course as it dealt with the different worldviews held by non-Christians. Through the class he learned some stunning statistics about evangelical Christians today and what they believe. It just reinforced his desire to cement within our students a solid foundation of who God is, what the Bible is all about, and proof for its validity!!!
It's very convicting for me as well. He comes home with all these facts from different polls and I start sinking lower and lower in my seat. I'm always afraid he'll ask me, "Can you prove that from the Bible?" "Where is that found?" "How do you know that Jesus was really God?"
Yeah! I know...foundational truths! All of us should be able to give the reason for the hope that is within us (I Peter 3:15) Most of the time I know the reason...I just have to look it up in the concordance! :-)
Thanks for your prayers for our family during last week. The kids did pretty good, but every night cried for Daddy! I probably had to give a few more spankings than normal too...but thats to be expected.
He's still taking a class every Monday night and then he'll take two more independent study classes over Christmas break. But we are hoping and praying that he will finish this coming summer. And then of course, its on to his MDiv! :-0 But for now, its one down and several more to go...

0 comments