Our Sweet Little Ballerina





This is our cute little ballet dancer! Amy has been taking ballet/tap classes for the last five weeks and absolutely loves it. She is definitely a girly-girl (which is very much unlike her mother)!!! There are only four other girls in her class, which allows the teacher to spend more individual time with each student. Yes, I know, they are only three so really what are they learning? Okay, I have to admit...I felt the same way. But Amy really has learned so much! I do not know a thing about ballet (where are you, Kirsten!!!) but she's learned several different steps. (Wish I could tell you what they are but they all sound like names of vegetables to me :-) They are working on a routine that they will perform for the parents in a few weeks. Amy takes it very seriously, for being three years old, while most of the other girls just want to dance around the room. In fact, this last week, Amy has been practicing on her own. She pretends to be the teacher and counts 5,6,7,8, and then she makes up her own words for the moves she's doing. Then she'll stop and say, "Okay, now lets try it with music." Such a good little teacher! Unfortunately for her, the dolls just lay there and watch her dance around. We are very proud of our little ballerina. Hopefully I will be able to post the video of her routine in a few weeks.
















1 comments