I am the true Vine...

I have been facsinated with John 15 for the last few days. Meditating on it each day and holding it up to the light I have come to the realization that my life is sorely lacking. What is true abiding? How do I abide in the Vine? I am now sure that abiding in the Vine looks different then scant devotions here and there, a prayer lifted up in time of need, casual thoughts of our amazing God. No, abiding in the Vine means moment by moment thought captivation, daily discipline for words and actions, deep satisfaction and security in the will of the Father. It means that we submit ourselves to Him and await His pruning in our lives. Understanding that removal of our dead branches is His process of sanctification.
I know, this is not a new concept but it is one I tend to forget. While I was reflecting on this I remembered a worship song we used to sing in Tucson. The words are below and I put it on my little mixpod here on the blog. I hope it blesses you and reminds you to stay in the Vine!
Satisfied In You
by Scott Cunningham
I'm satisified in You, my God
So I will abide, in You, in the Vine
I want to live, to live for Your pleasure
And I want to run, to run for Your fame
And I want to dwell, in Your house forever
To seek Your face, as You call my name
To hear You say, "Well done."
For I am not my own You bought me with Your blood
No I am not my own You bought me with Your blood, Your precious blood

3 comments