Tyler's Prayer

Several of my friends are pregnant right now and there are quite a few women at church that are pregnant also. One of my friends called me this last week to let me know that she is having a boy. Of course I got excited with her on the phone and the kids wanted to know what the excitement was all about. So, after my phone call the kids and I talked about all the different babies that were coming soon. We were talking about who was going to have a boy and who is going to have a girl, etc. Then, naturally, they wanted to know what baby was in my tummy. (Hm, I guess I could take that several different ways but I refuse to read into that!!!) Well, no, this is not an announcment blog...I am NOT pregnant...so I told the kids that there are no babies in my tummy. They were both trying to decide what they would want to have...a baby brother or a baby sister (obviously my comment about there not being a baby in my tummy was completely forgotten!). I told them that they needed to pray because God decides how many babies a mommy will have.
Tyler got up from the table and thought about this in the corner. Come to find out...he was praying. I asked him what he had prayed for...a baby brother or a baby sister...
Those of you that do not go to Calvary Church will not understand Tyler's prayer and so I will have to explain. But here was Tyler's response:
"Mom, I want to be like the GONGONS!!!"
Hm...well, the Gongons have SEVEN children. :-) So we'll see how God answers Tyler's prayer!

2 comments