Without Excuse




This is a picture of the chapel at The Cove in Asheville, NC. We had a mini-retreat up there for the pastors and wives of Calvary Church. It was a sweet, precious time of fellowship, edification, and growth. I could probably blog about the retreat itself...but I wanted to show you a picture of this chapel and share what I learned there.
I drove up by myself and had a lot of time to pray, think, sing (at the top of my lungs), and of course...call my moms! (mom and mother-in-law). While driving up, I was amazed at the vibrant array of colors splashed all around the mountains. Being from Tucson, colors range from brown to tan and maybe on occasion a slight variation of that. Arizona is blessed with gorgeous sunsets and scents from the desert...but as far as seasons changing, it doesn't really go out with a bang. But here, it is absolutely breathtaking. I can not recall how many shades of red, orange, and yellow I saw on my drive up. It was like a kaleidoscope of color...varying in depth and distinction. Beautiful! Absolutely stunning.
When we reached The Cove, we all took a walk (down a crazy, twisting, steep hill) to the Chapel. Ruth Graham was the one that specified what she wanted in the Chapel. We were told by the tour guide several interesting stories about the involvment she had during the building process. But the one comment that resonated with me was about the windows. Several people had wanted stained glass windows put in the Chapel. The response? Absolutely not...the windows allow all to come into the Chapel to view the splendor of God's creation. The splendor that is all around us and we fail to acknowledge. The amazing beauty of His vast creativity at the end of our nose. All that I had seen on my way up to the Cove was within sight in the Chapel.

For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—His eternal power
and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has
been made, so that men are without excuse. Romans 1:20
His eternal power and divine nature are still visible for all to see. We are without excuse to praise and acknowledge Him in our life, come what may.

1 comments