Grandpa Pete

We received the call early Tuesday morning that Jason's Grandfather had made his entrance into eternity. What a bittersweet day it was yesterday. Jay and I reminisced and talked about Grandpa. Its hard to be this far removed from the grief that is centered in Tucson. But I just wanted to take a second and remember Grandpa Pete...


Grandpa was what every Grandpa should be...fun-loving, full of laughter, always ready for a hug, quick with words of advice or wisdom and loved his Jesus. Grandpa had more random pieces of information than I could keep up with...how he remembered all that is beyond me! He welcomed every new "in-law" into the family right away and accepted them as a Jimenez from the start.
There are so many things to remember about Grandpa...but I think on the top of the list is how he LOVED his family. Jason and his brothers grew up living next to Grandma and Grandpa most of their lives. He always took the time to invest into his grandkids and they have those treasured memories even now.
I love you, Grandpa Pete, and I am envious of your amazing adventure in glory! But we will join you someday...

1 comments