Happy Birthday Tyler...


Wednesday was Tyler's SIXTH birthday! For some reason, six seems so significant to me. Maybe I'll say that every year...I'm sure I said that last year for his fifth. It just seems to be a threshold into boyhood...leaving kiddie stuff behind and graduating to scooters, two-wheel bikes, etc. He just seems different as well...more aware of himself, more aware of those around him and the relationships he has in his life. His personality is becoming more defined and his character, I PRAY, is being shaped.

My little bubba is no longer little. He's changing into a little man...I pray that God will be a huge part of this change. I pray that this year as he continues to learn to read that eventually it will be God's Word that he enjoys reading. I pray that as he learns his ability to choose that it will be God's Way that he chooses. And I pray that as much as people impact his life - he will impact those around him for the glory of God.

Seriousness aside...he had a great birthday! We decided to forgo a themed birthday party this year and instead he chose to go to Monkey Joe's with two of his friends. Then we had them all over for pizza that night. Jason had come up with a scavenger hunt for all the kids to go on to try and find Tyler's present. The kids LOVED it and wanted to play again and again! It was a fun day celebrating our sweet six year old boy! We are so very blessed by him and cannot wait to see what this year has in store for him!












Reading the first clue...















Almost there...














He found it!!!









Maybe next year we can play?!!

3 comments