Nothing but the best...

For Christmas this year we decided to make Jesus a birthday cake. Yes...great in theory very difficult to execute. The cake itself was a breeze...but the questions it brought up were a little tricky.

Amy: So today is Jesus' REAL birthday?

Tyler: How old is He?

Amy: I thought He was eeeeternal? (my little theologian)

Tyler: Does He celebrate His birthday?

And of course, Grampie had to chime into the discussion and add

Grampie: How many candles are you going to put on the cake?

Thanks for that one! :-)
So after much deep discussion (Jason never dismisses these questions but always returns them with long theological talks! which I'm sure the children retain all of!) we made our cake.

But - remember, this cake was for Jesus! Nothing but the best for Him!! Jason spent an HOUR decorating this cake (NOT an exaggeration!) He became a professional cake decorator!
*Disclaimer from Jason: I did not have the proper tools - had to work with what I was given*
The cake was so beautiful I didn't even want to eat it - but...I did...eventually!



Happy Birthday Jesus!

Thank you for coming down to this world and rescuing us from our filth and redeeming us with Your blood! We celebrate YOU! We love YOU!



Happy Birthday Jesus!!!

3 comments