Ahh..how sweet...or not...

Most bedtime routines are a bit harried...quick and to the point...take a shower, put on jammies, devotions and to bed we go! All this at a rushing pace so Mommy will then have her "down time" of peace and quiet. But last night, I enjoyed every aspect of readying the kids for bed. Listening to their stories of the day, answering a bazillion mind boggling questions (where does the water go when it goes down the toilet? do you have to take lessons to learn to drive?) and tucking them in for the night.

As I was about to leave Amy's room...I heard her little voice asking me to come snuggle with her. In her words, "Daddy's not here so I don't want you to get lonely - you can snuggle with me, Mom!"

So, she scooted over and I joined her - all the while intending to stay for just a few minutes! Very sweetly, she nestled in real close, put her hands on my cheeks and leaned into my face. I was expecting, "I love you, Mom" or at the least "You're the best, Mom" But this is what I got...

"Mom, your breath stinks...did you brush your teeth tonight?"

And there you have it folks! Celia Jimenez spends quality time with her daughter...only to find bad breath interfering! Ha ha! The moment was sweet while it lasted! Thanks Ames...for keeping me humble! :-)

4 comments