Ugly Sweater...

Okay...so most of the time I'm lamenting my serious lack of wardrobe selection! Living in the high society south...I definitely feel at a loss sometimes when it comes to fashion. But tonight will be stress free - at least when it comes to syle! The high school kids are having their Christmas party tonight and hosting their first ever Ugly Sweater contest!!!!
Jason and I scoured Charlotte for just the right sweater. Jason's attempts landed him with two very NICE sweaters that are now a part of his everyday attire. My attempts were more fruitful in the "ugly" department. As soon as I walked into the store my eyes gravitated towards the most hideous creation ever. Now, it was hung in the men's department...so I assumed it was a man's sweater. I picked it out for Jason and was off to find one that I could wear. I managed to find one more that would pass the test.
But of course, Jason is competitive...and even in the ugly sweater field...his has to be the ugliest! So I spent some time a few nights ago embellishing his sweater with a few Christmas decorations and some jingle bells to top it off. As I'm sewing I realize...it was a woman's sweater all along! Oh well...he didn't care...just rip out the shoulder pads and off we go!



Jason sporting his "ugly" look...




My "ugly" sweater...



I am a judge for tonight's contest...so hopefully I'll have plenty more pics of ugly sweaters to post tomorrow!!!

3 comments