Work out at home?

I have been struggling to get out of bed in time to work out before everyone wakes up. If it hits the 6:15 mark then I've lost my window of opportunity. But the last couple of days I've not given up completely...I've just settled for doing my Boot Camp video at home. There is quite a difference! At the gym...no one talks to me, asks for more cereal, spills milk on the table, needs more toilet paper in the bathroom, cries for a bottle, loses their pacifier, needs help getting the markers out, etc. Even with all those distractions - the workout still gets done - it takes a lot longer than the allotted hour of the video - but it is done.

There is also a significant difference in the amount of encouragement I get at home - and a bit of critiquing as well. While Jackson just laughs at everything I do while working out - he thinks I'm jumping around, hopping on one foot, waving my arms in the air just to make him laugh - Amy and Tyler join in on the fun. They cheer me on and push me to finish when I'm tempted to quit. During push-ups, they notice that my feet are in the air while everyone on the video have their feet on the floor. And why did I only do half of the sit-ups and am now lying on the carpet exhausted and groaning instead of completing the set?

And of course, I make it look so easy they think they can do everything I'm doing. Tyler even made "weights" out of his toys so that he wouldn't be missing out!








So, until I can get myself out of bed in time...this is how my workout well transpire. I'm not sure I'm accomplishing anything other than bonding with my kids...but that is worth it! :-)

5 comments