Baby, its cold outside...

I am a desert rat. I tolerate the heat...I become acclimated to it and it becomes my natural temperature. I do not like cold. I do not acclimate to cold weather...at all!!! When it is cold I stay bundled up, with the thermostat turned up high, and the fire blazing in the fireplace. I do not venture outside unless it is absolutely necessary and I keep errands to a bare minimum (thus the reason for the barren pantry!!!)

But boys do not cope well cooped up in a room with four walls. They need to be free to live out their adventures.

Tyler received a bike for his birthday and has been asking everyday to ride it. Today...he bundled up (as much as he'd let me bundle him up) and went outside to ride. Within minutes, his nose was red, ears chapped, and eyes bright. But it didn't stop him!


This little guy stood at the door for several minutes watching Tyler and decided...it was HIS turn to be outside.




Poor guy is like the Michelin man when I bundle him up!


He was a little perplexed when his favorite little car was covered in ice!! Secretly, I was hoping that would prove a significant deterrent and we would all be snuggled back warmly inside.



But, alas, Tyler took care of that situation quickly and they played outside for quite some time!!!

Then Daddy came home and joined in on the fun.

By this time, we were all in need of some warm hot cocoa loaded with marshmallows!!! (That of course warms you to the bone!)

Unfortunately there are no pics of a happy family drinking hot cocoa...because this happy family turned out to be one sick family! And we spent the rest of the evening cleaning up yuckies off the floor! Oh well! :-)

1 comments