Beloved...


Six years ago today, I lay in a hospital bed praying that the epidural would miraculously take effect. Unfortunately, for reasons only known to God, the answer was "no" and the pain took over my entire body. Thus, I turned my mind to other things to try and block it out.
In and out of contractions, my thoughts centered around the arrival of our newest blessing.
A little girl.
Our daughter.
Amy.
Her name chosen to honor both of her grandmothers - maternal and paternal.
But also...her name chosen because of its meaning...beloved.




I had no way of knowing how perfect that name would fit this sweet girl or how perfectly SHE would fit into our lives.


Beloved...for her sweet spirit and infectious smile.


Beloved...for all her crazy ideas and silly stories.

Beloved...for her overflowing affection.


Beloved...for being mischievous, instigator, thinker, and nurturer.





Beloved...simply because she is Amy - our daughter.



Beloved...because she is His creation, chosen by Him, unashamedly called His own.

Our sweet beloved, Amy, we love you so much!
Happy Birthday!

5 comments