Mad Gab...

Tray Sure Aisle Hand

Do you know what that says? If you have someone read it to you...and you close your eyes it might sound like Treasure Island! That is how you play the game of Mad Gab. You have to sound out a word puzzle to figure out what the phrase is.


I love that game. And usually...I win! :-) After four children...I'm starting to think it is because of the way they learn to talk. These last few months, Jackson has been increasing his vocabulary. Where he used to say words strung together here and there...now he is saying full sentences!




During dinner time, when Jay and I are talking back and forth...he usually adds his little comments to our conversation. His favorite interjection when we are talking is, "No way?!"...even if all I said to Jason was, "It rained today."


The other day, he had just woken up from his nap. He was a still a bit sleepy and so he decided to snuggle with me on the couch for a bit. He took my face in his hands and said,

"bust ma n how wolld"


There is a slight pause...when all his words are circulating through MY vocabulary and trying to find a meaning for what he just said. Like playing Mad Gab.
The only word I could decipher was "world".
At first, I asked him if he was singing "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands".
Frustrated, he pulled me closer to him and said slightly more loudly,

"yow bust ma n hoe wulld!!!"


With the kiss on the end of it, I realized he was saying,

"You're the best mom in the whole world!"

Ahhhhh....pure sweetness!!!

7 comments