Appreciated...



 
 Last week was a crazy week.
Jackson was recovering from his infection and burns.
Hailey got an infection.
And Friday night we were planning for thirty of our youth leaders to come over for dinner.
The kids and I scurried about most of the week...trying to get school done, house cleaned, food made, goodies baked...it was a bit of a harried schedule.

There were several moments where I found myself longing for the comfort of pjs...and a cozy, snuggle in bed. I was tired of the busyness.

Then...on Friday afternoon...the kids told me they had a surprise for me.
They covered my eyes and began telling me that they knew I had been working hard...and was tired.
They led me to the kitchen...and uncovered my eyes...and said, 

"Here, Mom, this is for you...because you work so hard...and we love you!"



 Sweet kids...they had robbed their piggy banks and given me a very costly tip.
My first reaction was to accept the beautiful card...but return their money to their banks.
But as they stood there...so proud of their giving...so thankful for the opportunity to give...I received their gift.


What a sweet blessing our children are...little messengers from God to encourage us when the going gets tough. Telling us not to grow weary in doing good...and in time...we reap!
I put the money in a place that would serve as a reminder to me on hard days.
A reminder of the budding fruit that is blossoming in their little hearts.
A reminder of the One who began a good work in them...and ME...and His faithfulness to complete it.
A reminder of the good and perfect gifts that come down from the Father of Lights.

4 comments