Grace...

On days like today...when I feel completely and utterly spent...when all is poured out of me and there is nothing left...

I need Your grace.

When everyone is getting along and school is enjoyable...when the chores are done with cheerfulness and nary a grumble...

I need Your grace.

When my sin overwhelms me...my selfishness defeats me...my pride overcomes me...and my temper gets the best of me...

Oh Lord Jesus, I need Your grace.

When marriage seems easy...when communication comes naturally...when all seems right in our home...

I need Your grace.

When doors are slammed, angry words are spoken, feelings are hurt, and forgiveness is not forthcoming...

Sweet Lord, I need Your grace.

When I wake up with the sun...spend time refreshed in Your Word...pray over my family...

I need Your grace.

When errands are cumbersome, laundry is mountainous, and making dinner is monotonous...

I need Your grace.

When I stand in line at the store and someone quickly rushes forth to pay for ALL of  my groceries...when friends appear at my doorstep with steaming meal in hand...when prayers are lifted up to surround me and family...

Precious Lord, I feel Your grace.

When I am kneeling before You in all of Your glory...the depth of my sinfulness becoming undeniably apparent...the finality of the cross becoming a reality...the veil being stripped forever away...

Oh Lord Jesus...I will MARVEL in Your grace.


3 comments