Old Pueblo..





My time in Tucson always seems to go too fast. 
There are so many people to see...lives to catch up on...FOOD to eat! :) 
But this time I purposefully scaled back. 
Tried to make intentional time with people that fill my love tank and feed my soul.
That might have been selfish...
but it was definitely necessary given the season we have been in for the last year or so. 
I was desperately ready to be around people that KNOW me...
knows my quirks and still loves me...knows my downfalls and exhorts me...
knows my weaknesses and strengthens me.
  Aside from my husband, my parents do this the best. 


So I was extremely thankful for the uninterrupted evenings we had together...
and occasional talks during the day.
We were able to celebrate my mom's birthday....




and meet up with my dad for lunch!



We were also able to spend an entire day with my friend, Mandy and her sweet kiddos!



The kids had a blast playing with their friends...and left us semi-alone to have our adult conversations!


We also got to steal away for a girls night! 
It was a sweet time of encouragement and exhortation.
Varying hardships forged this friendship...dark nights and broken hearts.
But I am so thankful for the way that God has used His Spirit through each of us to minister to each other.
For the wisdom that has been poured into my life through her counsel...
and the continual truth of the Word she speaks over me.




My mom (brave soul) loaded up all the kids and took them to the Ostrich Farm.
Along with the ostriches...the kids got to kiss some sheep...



and hang out with some very friendly birds!!




They had a blast!!


The sun was shining bright the entire time we were in the desert....


so a trip to the splash pad was a MUST!!


The last night in AZ before heading to CA to meet up with Jason, we were able to celebrate Grandma Alice's birthday with the Jimenez family!!!




The next morning I left these sweet kiddos in the very capable hands of my parents and Jason's parents to head up to California!!


I'm trying to look like I'm sad about leaving the kids...but I was more than a little excited to see my man!!!

0 comments