Grandma B...


My grandmother went home to heaven several nights ago.


 Outside of my parents, she is the one person that has influenced my life the most. She allowed a crazy, hurting, silly, accident prone teenager to live with her and turn her world upside down. Strongly independent and living on her own for quite some time...it was definitely an adjustment for her quiet life. 


And yet, each day she would put down her paintbrush and invite me to pull up a stool so that she could listen to my drama of teenage angst. 


She taught me how to pray...truly pray over those you love. She showed me what gracious independence looks like. She lived out what fulfillment in Christ looks like. She showed me that it is never too late in life to pursue your God given gifts. 




She was the first of my family to meet Jason and was one of his biggest fans.



 She loved each of my kids and celebrated their uniqueness.





 She told me story after story of my family’s history. She spoke words of wisdom over me and challenged me.



And more than anything else...she made sure that I knew that I was loved and treasured. 


I am humbled to be a part of her legacy and pray that I can live up to that honor. 


Fried okra...red chili...bubblegum ice cream...Pistol Pete pizza...soupy spaghetti...burnt saltine crackers...Arizona Wildcats...tinsel on Christmas trees...oil paints...nickels to buy pickles...shopping for deals...detailed prayer lists in three ring binders will always remind me of this incredible woman that helped shape me into who I am today. 
I love you Grandma, bunches and bunches and loads and loads and groups and groups!!




We celebrated Grandma doing what she loved most - spending time together as a family!!



My dad gave a brief history of my Grandmother's life...{which is incredibly important because she had spent YEARS gathering and compiling all the data she could on the Star/Eubanks/Brunenkant families}



Aunt Judy shared one of Grandma's poems...she was incredibly talented...not just with her art but also with words!


Uncle Kurt and several others shared some "remember when..." stories.


After that it was time to soak up all the family time we could...


enjoying the beautiful legacy that Grandma B has left behind!

































0 comments