What's in a name???

Baby Jimenez has been growing larger and larger over the last several weeks. Inevitably I am asked two questions when I run into people at church or out and about..."When are you due?" and "Does he have a name?" The first is obviously the easiest to answer...I am due August 3rd (shocking to those of you who have seen my belly and wonder if I MUST be carrying twins :-)
But the second question has Jason and I baffled! We have gone through so many different names this time around. I don't know if each baby gets harder and harder to name...or if we have just run out of creative ideas...or more than likely, we pick a name and then think of a person that we know by that name and get turned off by their personality! :-)
With Tyler, we had decided on Silas early on in the pregnancy. But close to the end we changed it to Tyler. There is no significance...we just liked the name Tyler. (It actually means - son of a tile maker!) With Amy, it was a given...Jason's mom passed away when he was fifteen and her name was Amy and my mom's name IS Ami...so thus, we have an Amy. But baby number three is nameless!
This morning I got a card from Tyler, Amy, Jason...and the "unborn baby" - I think Jason is hinting that eventually we are going to HAVE to pick out a name. But truly, I am stumped!
Unfortunately, several times throughout the pregnancy I have mentioned to my family or friends a name that we are considering or like...and now its hard to get them switched over to a different name.
I am sure as the day draws closer the more desperate we will become and hopefully, one name will stand out amongst the rest. Until then, I'll keep walking around with my sticky note of names...saying them out loud with Jimenez and trying to figure out who this little boy is!!!

5 comments