Trip to Tucson...Part 1

Unfortunately for me...and all those sitting around me on the plane...I get horribly air sick! So flying by myself with the kids to Tucson was the much anticipated dread for me! How else to get there but fly? If we drove...by the time we got there we'd have to turn around and head back home!!!
I asked the doctor before hand how much Dramamine I could take...and I took about as much as I could. So on the flight over, I was completely drugged up...fighting hard to keep my eyes open while my son peppered me with questions ranging from, "Why do those flaps keep coming up on the side of the airplane?" to a very loud "Mom, is that a boy or a girl in front of us?" Yes, it was a fun flight!!! All the while, I was thinking that at least I had ten days before I had to fly again!!!
Once there...we had the BEST time! Its always a little bit difficult to fit everything in...or should I say everyone...in to the short time we have to stay. I booked this trip for a little bit longer and yet it went by at the same lightning pace!
I spent most of the first few days with my family. It was quite the family reunion - my older brother and his wife and two daughters were there and my younger brother was home after being away for two years. Tyler and Amy had a blast playing with their cousins and of course, my mom - "Grammie" had the house completely stocked full of toys for them to play with. Her house is usually more kid-friendly than adult-friendly!
My sister-in-law Johnna is famous for always making something yummy - this trip was no different! She recruited all FOUR kids to help her make pies and each one of them got a special turn to help out. (She has way more patience then this pregnant woman!!!)
Tyler, for the most part, did great with all the girls! He was completely shadowed by my youngest niece, Riyah - who is almost two years old...she toddled after him wherever he went in the house...arms open to give him a hug! But he was getting ready for some "boy-time" with his other cousins. When I saw him trying to wrestle with Riyah on the floor, I knew it was time to get him around "the guys"! :-)


Amy w/Grammie




My niece - Heaven


Tyler riding the bike IN Grammie's house - yep, no rules for ten days is lots of fun!!!


Amy w/her cousin Riyah


Me with my brothers - Michael & Matthew

The kids w/Grammie & Poppy!

6 comments