Tucson Trip - Part 2

I was so busy getting ready for highschool camp that I didn't get a chance to post about the second half of our trip...and now I would rather post about camp!!! It was AWESOME!!! But I will try and contain the excitement!!!

Here are more pictures from our trip...we had such a good time with the Jimenez side of the family! Tyler and Amy have around twelve cousins (some are second-cousins) ranging in age from a year all the way up to eighteen. It makes family functions crazy, loud, and a ton of fun! Most of the cousins are boys...so there was a lot of wrestling, competition, and a little bit of just good ole "boy-talk"! :-)
We also got to see our close friends...the Rhodes family! They used to live here in Charlotte and just recently moved back to Tucson. The kids picked up right where they left off and had so much fun together! Location meant little to them...friends are friends!
The last day we were there, Jason's parents took the kids on their very first fishing experience! Amy was the only one that actually got a BITE...not a fish...and it was very exciting! Since they've been back they have asked DAILY when we will go fishing again. (Obviously, this HUGE woman will not be fishing anytime soon)
The trip home was worse than the ride over! I had a woman sit down next to me on the plane and tell me that she was a teacher, a mom, and a grandmother...if I needed any help just let her know. I wasn't anticpating needing any help...it was a thirty minute flight...but of course, I didn't want to seem rude. So I smiled and thanked her and told her I would let her know. Well, twenty mintues later...I took her up on her offer as I made a mad dash to the bathroom to be sick!!! She kept Tyler and Amy entertained with stories and made them laugh while I was beyond miserable! Suffice to say, I will NOT be on an airplane again when I am seven or eight months pregnant!!!
All in all though, it was worth it...we had an amazing time and made so many memories. The kids are getting older and changing so much but it was so great to see them jump right back in and feel at home with our families!!! We are so blessed!!!!

Tyler & Amy with their cousins...Ephraim, Keziah and Baby Paul



The kids fishing adventure!


Family time...


Our friends - The Rhodes Family

1 comments