According to plan...

  If all goes according to plan...
Funny phrase.
Never seems to apply to me and my brilliant ideas.
I've had many of them...most (if not all) have started off great...


and then ended in total flops...
leaving me scrambling to find a way to redeem myself!



 
Last week was no different.
We set out on a nice long walk.
The weather was beautiful. 
Not a cloud in the sky.

 Along the way, we decided to stop off at the park.
The park wasn't that busy and the kids had fun playing with each other.
Then...it started to get dark.
Moms started gathering their little chicks and herding them to their mini-vans.
We heard thunder.
And we were about TWO MILES from our van!!!


And then...the rain came...

 the two that could run...booked off 
leaving me huffing and puffing with the double stroller - trying to catch up!
Needless to say, my poor little kids were DRENCHED by the time we got to the van.
I felt so bad looking at my four sweet soggy faces...and so...I made a decision...


...it was time for some KRISPY KREME...to redeem myself!


Rain? What rain?
Still standing as the "best mom in the whole world" (as quoted with full doughnut mouths!)
So no...it did not go according to plan...but revised plans are sometimes a lot more YUMMY!!!

4 comments